You will want to make these delicious potatoes again and again. They are crispy and brown on the outside and creamy on the inside, plus they pick up wonderful flavors from the chicken broth.
3 pounds gold potatoes peeled
6 tablespoons butter melted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
2 garlic cloves (more to taste) lightly crushed and peeled
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position of oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Combine melted butter, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Square off ends of potatoes and cut into 3/4 to 1-inch thick disks.
- Toss potato slices in butter mixture and arrange in a single layer in a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and use a spatula to flip potatoes over. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and flip potatoes one more time. Add chicken broth and garlic. Place back in oven until potatoes are tender, about another 15 minutes.
- Baste potatoes with pan sauce and serve.
Note: Be sure to use a metal baking pan. A glass baking dish can shatter in a very hot oven.
Author: Christin at spicysouthernkitchen.com