This unique sake pear margarita takes patience and skill but your hard work will surely wow your guests.
- 1/3 USA Red Anjou pear, coarsely chopped
- 1 oz Pear purée (see recipe below)
- 1 oz Pear-Riesling syrup (see recipe below)
- 1-1/2 oz silver tequila, such as Sauza Hornitos silver or Herradura silver
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur, such as Harlequin
- 3/4 oz silver sake, such as Momokawa
- 1/4 oz lemon-lime juice (2 parts lemon, 1 part lime)
- 1 oz pear nectar, such as Santa Cruz
- Fill shaker halfway with pear and ice. Muddle until pear is broken down.
- Add remaining ingredients, top shaker with ice and shake briefly to mix.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a paper thin slice of a small pear, such as a Forelle or Seckel, skewered onto an attractive pick and balanced atop the glass.
- 2 ripe USA Red Anjou pear, cored and chunked (do not peel)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Purée all ingredients in blender until completely smooth.
- 1 USA Red Anjou pear, cored and diced (do not peel)
- 1-1/2 cups Riesling wine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Add pear and Riesling to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat, add sugar, stirring to dissolve, and continue to simmer until mixture has a syrupy consistency. Strain and cool before using
Credit: Recipe provided to USA Pears by Saucebox restaurant, Portland, Oregon