Healthy and refreshing; add a protein for a great lunch with this Kale & Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic pear vinegar
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, thinly sliced
- ¼ c dates, figs or dried cranberries
- 1 firm apple; peeled, cored and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice; zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ c slivered almonds or candied pecans
- ¼ c finely grated pecorino cheese
- Whisk EVOO, vinegar, ¼ tsp salt and lemon zest
- Add kale and toss to coat; let stand 10 minutes
- Toss apple match sticks with lemon juice to avoid discoloration
- If using dates or figs, cut into thin strips. Coarse chop dried cranberries
- Add all ingredients to kale and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Provided By:
The Farm Table Restaurant
138 Spring Street
770. 855. 3754
Thursday–Saturday, Lunch: 11am – 2pm
Friday Dinner (mid-June): 5pm – 8pm
Saturday, Dinner: 5pm – 8pm
Sunday, Brunch & Old Fashioned Sunday Dinner: 10am – 2pm
Reservations recommended. Bring your favorite beverage, no corkage fee!
Cash or checks only.