Imagine a big mug of hot coffee and a couple of delicious homemade donuts. With a few small changes, this recipe will make chocolate chip, cinnamon sugar, or coconut donuts.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar or dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 2 2/3 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix*
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth.
- Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- Stir in the nutmeg and vanilla.
- Stir the gluten-free baking mix into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the baking mix and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared doughnut pans, filling the wells to about 1/4” below the rim. A teaspoon cookie scoop works well for this; as does a piping bag, or a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes, until set. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 to 7 minutes before turning them out of the pans onto a rack.
- Enjoy warm; or cool completely.
- Shake doughnuts in a plastic or paper bag with about 1/2 cup non-melting white sugar (for best results), or confectioners’ sugar.
Prep: 15 mins Bake: 10 to 12 mins Total: 35 mins Yield: 12 doughnuts
Courtesy of King Arthur Flour