This crustless tart is baked with a bread pudding-like filling and topped with a pear and pistachio crumble. Decadent and surprisingly simple to make.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 cup pear sauce (peel very ripe pears and place flesh in a blender and blend well until liquid consistency is achieved)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced pears
Pecan Crumble Ingredients
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup slivered pistachios
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cover baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- To a separate bowl mix together oil, honey, milk, pear sauce, and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix gently. • Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan. Add diced pears to top of tart along with brown sugar, pecans, ground cinnamon and melted vegan butter.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes checking doneness at 30 minutes by piercing with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean it’s ready. If it doesn’t cook 5-10 minutes checking every 5-7 minutes until done. Let cool before removing from pan.