- 1 Store-bought pie dough or homemade pie dough for a 9-inch pie
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 1 Cup thinly sliced mushrooms, crimini, shitake or button or any combination
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ Cups grated Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 2 Teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or ¾ teaspoon dry)
- 1 Medium Honeycrisp apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll pie dough to fit a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Line bottom of crust with foil or parchment paper. Place a layer of dried beans or rice on top of foil or parchment. This will prevent crust from bubbling. Place pan in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes then remove foil or parchment and weights. Return to oven and cook another 10 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While crust is in the oven, prepare the filling. Heat butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and cook until translucent. Add sliced mushrooms to the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions begin to caramelize, 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, thyme and Dijon mustard in a small bowl mixing well.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly over crust. • Distribute onion mixture over yogurt. Sprinkle half of the cheese over onions. Layer apple slices over cheese, covering entire surface. Season with salt and pepper then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is golden. You can finish under broiler if desired.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main course with a salad.