Milk Jam Ingredients
- 1 Quart Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract, or ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 Pkg Potsticker or wonton wrappers
- 3 Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Pinch Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/8 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 Ounces Local Goat Cheese
- Canola Or Other Neutral Oil For Frying
- Cornstarch As Needed
Milk Jam Instructions
- Combine milk, sugar and baking soda in a large saucepan and heat over medium.
- Add scraped seeds and split vanilla bean.
- Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Once sugar has dissolved, reduce the heat to a low simmer. Stir occasionally and allow mixture to reduce to about 1 1/4 cups.
- Mixture will darken in color and reduce in approximately two hours. There may be some separation.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Peel and medium dice the apples. Place in a medium bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add apples and remaining ingredients and combine until apples are well coated.
- Cook until apples begin to just soften. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Lightly dust the work surface with cornstarch to keep wrappers from sticking.
- Lay out 4-6 wrappers at a time and place a teaspoon or so of apple mixture in each round.
- Moisten edges with water, fold in half and seal edge by pressing down with a fork.
- Place on sheet pan or platter and refrigerate 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to about 375 degrees F, and fry the potstickers, a few at a time, about 1 minute per side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle the Apple Potstickers with Warm Milk Jam and sprinkle with crumbled Goat Cheese to serve.