Enjoy this Italy inspired Tuscan Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash that is sure to help everyone enjoy their summer cookout.
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 summer squash, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 red onions
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 sprig oregano, chopped
- 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- To Taste salt & pepper
- Sturdy skewers, soaked in hot water for an hour if wooden
- Make Marinade: combine garlic, herbs, chile flake, lemon juce and zest, and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in oil.
- Place zucchini and squash into a lage resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over and seal. Allow to marinate at least 30 min, preferably for a few hours.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove zucchini and squash from marinade and skewer.
- Cut unpeeled onions in half and place on grill, turning occasionally. Allow to char on outside.
- Remove and place into a bowl, covered with plastic wrap to steam.
- Grill skewers until tender, 5-6 minutes total, turning occasionally.
- Peel and slice onions.
- Pull zucchini and squash off skewers, toss with onion, season with salt and pepper.