A quick to the table Pear Chicken salad. Perfect for those craving greens days.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Spring mix salad
- 1 cup fresh baby Spinach
- 1 medium pear, cored and sliced thin
- 6 small mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup store-bought balsamic dressing
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- a tablespoon of water if the dressing is too thick
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breast and cook 7-8 minutes per side until medium golden brown and chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from heat and allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, combine all other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, place ingredients into a bowl or jar with a lid and blend until creamy. Gently place chicken slices over salad and drizzle with dressing.
Credit: www.usapeears.org; Theresa at a Love a Fare, https://www.aloveaffair.com