Strawberry and Cream Biscuits are a sure-fire way to start any day off right.
Make sure to save this Strawberry and Cream Biscuits recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup chopped very ripe strawberries. Cut strawberries into about 3/8″ dice, halving very small berries, quartering medium, and then dicing large berries.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bottom of a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles a crumbly meal with small pea-sized bits of butter.
- Gently toss in strawberries, just to lightly coat in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in heavy cream gently, just to moisten the dry ingredients but not over work the dough.
- Knead once or twice in the bowl, to form a somewhat shaggy, but cohesive mass. The dough won’t be even – the key here is to be gentle!
- Generously flour your counter or work surface. Transfer dough to the counter, generously flour the top and flatten with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Gently roll or press the dough out to a 3/4 to 1-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1/2-inch circles with a floured biscuit cutter, pressing straight down and not twisting as you cut.
- Carefully transfer scones to prepared baking sheet, spacing at least two inches apart. You can re-roll the scraps of dough; things will get a bit messy but they will still be perfectly tasty.
If you’re so inclined, sprinkle with a little sugar to finish them off.
- Bake the scones for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden and the juices start to bubble a bit and thicken. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.