Apples, sliced thinly and cored
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by peeling your apples, and slicing them thinly. I like to use a nice, tart Granny Smith apple in these. A mandolin is useful to make perfectly even slices.
- Cut out the center core area of each apple ring.
- Mix all batter ingredients together (everything except the apples).
- Dip apples in the thin batter and fry until golden brown.
- Place the golden apple fritter rings on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil
- Sprinkle the warm apple fritters with powdered sugar..