The combination of fruit, almonds and chocolate is what makes this brownie so unique. The fruit lightens the chocolate a bit and makes it feel as though you are eating something sinfully healthy.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13×9” pan size)
- 1/3 cup chopped unblanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Assorted fresh berries
- Optional: Fresh mint leaves and coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudgelike brownies, adding almonds and almond extract. Spread into a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat first 4 topping ingredients until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges; refrigerate, loosely covered, 2 hours.
- To serve, cut into 12 slices; top with berries of choice. If desired, top with mint and sprinkle with coarse sugar.