Nothing brings elegance to the table like this special dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 dozen oysters on the half shell
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Sauté the chopped shallots in 1 tablespoon butter until edges begin to turn gold, add mushrooms and cook until all liquid is evaporated. Add the rest of the butter, let it melt; sprinkle flour over onions and mushrooms. Cook stirring for about a minute. Add chicken stock, stirring to combine. Whisk egg yolk with wine, add to the mixture; season with salt and cayenne, and cook for 5 more minutes over low heat.
Crinkle aluminum foil; place in on the bottom of a cookie sheet. Position oysters on top of the foil, using the foil to prevent the filling from spilling out. Spoon the mushroom mixture over each oyster, top with breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake until the breadcrumbs are toasted.