There’s nothing better than vine ripened tomatoes on the grill.
Here are a few stuffed grilled tomato recipes to add that twist to an all-time favorite. Best of all, these can be prepared and refrigerated before grilling!
Basic Tomato Prep
- Wash tomatoes and cut tops off, or cut in half. Spoon out inside being careful not to go through the outside.
- Wash out the shells and take the inner core, wash off any seeds.
- Chop the cores into ¼ inch cubes removing any tough parts.
- Preheat grill on high, then turn down to medium. Tomatoes cook for about 10 minutes.
- Note: Carefully remove from grill with spatula