These Chewy Cinnamon Cookies are one of the best cookie recipes we’ve ever tried!
These are perfect for putting in a Christmas basket or simply having with a cup of hot coffee. Watch the snow, sing some carols and relax with the smell of cinnamon.
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 ½ c. white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbs. molasses
- 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg and molasses, stirring well.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Slowly add flour mix to the molasses mixture in the large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on wire rack.
- Store in tight container to keep soft.