Everything is better with the 3 Bs – Butter! Brown Sugar! Bourbon! This autumn compote recipe can be served as a side dish with pork and chicken or enjoyed as a dessert with vanilla ice cream.
- 6 sweet potatoes baked in the oven zuntil almost done. Peel and slice into ¾ inch rounds
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored. Slice into1/4 inch wedges
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- ½ c bourbon
- ½ c currants, raisins or dried cranberries
- Soak fruit of choice in bourbon with the spices and vanilla – set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease 8 X 13 baking dish
- Layer sweet potatoes, apples and drained fruits
- Dab with butter and brown sugar between layers ending with butter and brown sugar on top
- Pour bourbon mixture over pan
- Bake 45 minutes or until you can’t stand the aroma any longer!
Recipe Provided By:
The Farm Table Restaurant
138 Spring Street
770. 855. 3754
Thursday–Saturday, Lunch: 11am – 2pm
Friday Dinner (mid-June): 5pm – 8pm
Saturday, Dinner: 5pm – 8pm
Sunday, Brunch & Old Fashioned Sunday Dinner: 10am – 2pm
Reservations recommended. Bring your favorite beverage, no corkage fee!
Cash or checks only.