Dress up lunch, or dress down dinner, this apple & gouda grilled cheese, by Paige Green, is such an easy and filling meal, who could resist?
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (or your favorite tart apple)
- 4 Slices fresh, crusty bread (I prefer sourdough)
- 4 Slices Gouda cheese, smoked or regular
- Lightly butter one side of each piece of bread. Place butter side down on a hot griddle.
- Add one slice of gouda, add thinly sliced pieces of apple.
- Top with another slice of gouda and top with the bread.
- Grill approximately 5-7 minutes or until browned, flip sandwich and grill 3-4 additional minutes on the opposite side. Cut and enjoy!